Hello, friends and fan-ily. (I just made that word up.)

Happy New Year to ya's. I hope you've had a great holiday
season. This year will be the best year since 1939. I can just feel it. A few things to share with you...

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.

The most extensive list of tour dates is now up on the site and will continue to grow in the coming days. Check the news page for other local promotional appearances (radio, TV) that might be made during the tour. On many of the dates I'll be the opening act for Glen Phillips, the former lead singer of Toad The Wet Sprocket. Or is that the lead singer formerly of Toad The Wet Sprocket? Either way, Blanche from the Golden Girls is still hot.

CD UPDATE

The new CD, "Room For Squares", is slated for a late March
release. Stay tuned for an official street date.

NEW MERCHANDISE

My name is now on T-Shirts. You can wear these shirts and tell people you're John Mayer. The blank stares you'll get back from people will be just like the ones I do when I say it.

YOU SHOULD BE LISTENING TO

David Gray - White Ladder
Coldplay - Parachutes
Outkast - Stankonia

I LEAVE YOU WITH A STORY

True story: I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to look for some clean linens (mine were starting to get somewhat dirty) and in attempting to make witty conversation with the cashier, I asked her what the 'Beyond' was, and where in the store I could find it. She shifted her eyes quickly from left to right, leaned in close to me, and then sold me pot! It happened. Really. Really.

Well, that seems like everything for now. I hope you're doing well, and I'll play for you soon...

Me Love You Long Time,
JM

Letter courtesy of Jocelyn