December Stuff
Sunday, December 3, 2000 11:28 pm
John Mayer Newsletter - www.johnmayer.com

Hey there, you. You. Not you. You. Yes. Hi.

I know it's been a while since I sent one of these little e-newsletters out, but I respect your inbox enough to not send you useless e-mails. Then again, all you ever really get are movie files of Asian people getting hit by cars and shovels and things of the like ( I know you!). And guys, sorry to dissapoint, but that's not Britney.

I've been busy the last couple of months working on my
real-deal CD. I think it's coming along great, but I won't really know for sure until you hear it. So far, so good. The CD is slated for a February release.

Inside Wants Out

The CD "Inside Wants Out" will be out of print after January 2001, so now's a great time to pick up a copy to keep for a friend who catches on next August. It also makes a great holiday gift. Ask anyone and they'll tell you they've already asked Santa for a CD they've never heard of by an artist who's name just doesn't ring a bell.

AWARE 8 Compilation

The songs 'My Stupid Mouth' and 'Not Myself' will be featured on the upcoming Aware 8 compilation. If this interests you, go to www.awarestore.com to pre-order it, or to get a track listing so you can write it down and then download each song individually from Napster once the CD comes out, and burn them in order on a CDR, and then label the CDR "Aware 8". It's the exact same thing, really. Really.

SUNY show

The December 8 show at SUNY Cortland in NY has been
cancelled. Sorry. Unpack the car.

Eddie's Attic

If you're going to Eddie's Attic on December 22, here's a little info... Usually at Eddies, the number system gives priority for people to get into the show, but to get on it you have to show up to get your number beginning at 4 pm. Last month the show sold out with the number system alone. This time, advance numbers will be limited to 100 people. The remainder of the seats will be available on a first come basis when doors open (6pm and 9pm.) This new system will help benefit the employed as well as the unemployed.

When am I coming to ????

If you read that question as "when am I coming to", the answer is no time soon. But to the questions concerning my coming to your area, I can guarentee I'll be there or near it next year. Check the show page in the coming weeks for a series of shows so long you might actually have to use the scroll down button to see them all!

Is the Lawnmower and Weedwhacker still for sale?

No. They have both been sold. Thanks, though. That should do for now. I hope you have a great holiday season. Just please stop complaining how quickly it's arrived. It's a 12 month rotation. Feel it out, people. Thanks for an incredible year. I love you guys and can't wait to play for you all next year. We've got a cool thing going on, and I think it's about to get really fun. I've always said I've got the coolest fans, and I brag about you like grandchildren when I talk to other artists.

love,
JM

Letter courtesy of Jocelyn