All Things Autumnal
Tuesday, September 26, 2000 4:03 pm
John Mayer Newsletter - www.johnmayer.com

Hello there, office worker/student/lazy bastard -

John Mayer here with the semi-occasional e-newsletter.
Things have been very busy, what with traveling back and forth between New York and Atlanta. Here's a few bits and pieces of information to keep you up to speed with what's happening in my world.

* FRIDAY NIGHT AT SMITH'S OLDE BAR

Come out and see myself and David Ryan Harris as we headline at Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta. (9-29-00) It's somewhat of a thrill to have the headlining spot at a rock club on a Friday night with just two guys and two acoustic guitars. The show starts at midnight and is 21+. I'll be playing some BRAND new songs that you won't hear again before the CD is recorded, so come on out and clap if you like them. David, as you know, is incredible...I always look forward to these shows.

*NEW YORK CITY PERFORMANCE

I'll be appearing at the Mercury Lounge in Manhattan on Tuesday, October 17 at 10:00pm. The show is a long time coming for fans who live up north, and I'm sorry it's been so long. It's a full-length show, so no more fleeting glimpses. I'll play 'til your sick of me. The show is 21+, $8 and is open to the public.

*NEW SONG TO BE RECORDED FOR AWARE 8 COMPILATION

The song "Love Song for No One" will be featured on the Aware 8 compilation, and will be recorded much in the same style as most the songs on "Inside Wants Out". Consider it an official IWO addendum. I always regretted not recording it, so it'll be fun to have. No release date is set for the compilation.

*TAPERS....

An explanation of my taping policy is on the website. Click on "shows" and then "taping policy" to read about it.

*I'LL GET TO YOU SOON

For all the folks who haven't seen a show because I haven't been to your area, I'll be there soon. think winter. That should do it for now... see you out at the shows, or for you more zealous fans, in my bushes.

-JM

Letter courtesy of Jocelyn