Guitar for Sale
Monday, August 28, 2000 1:42 pm
John Mayer Newsletter - www.johnmayer.com

Dear Kitty-

Just wanted to let you know that one of my acoustic guitars are for sale on E-Bay... For those who have seen any live shows, it's the semi-hollow Godin acoustic. It's been used for pretty much every show up until about two months ago, and you can hear it on MP3s like "why georgia" and "neon (w. David Ryan Harris)"...

If this interests you, is your "bag", if you swing this way, etc... You can check the auction out at

cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayI...=420935219 or click your way to it by going to www.johnmayer.com.

And while I'm here, I thought I'd explain a little about this record deal business you've been hearing smatterings of. There's nothing I'd rather do than tell everyone about it right now, because I'm really fired up about it, but I have about a week to go before I technically sit down and put pen to paper. SO... I'll let you all know as soon as it's official. Right now it's as official as having the winning lotto numbers but it not being entered into the state's computer yet. You might as well jump, because you should go ahead and jump, but it's not *quite* over. I'll let you know when it is.

For those over-protective nosey types, I'm not selling out, and it's the right deal. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Even though they want me to rewrite "Comfortable" to accomodate a club beat and barking dogs.

see you soon,
john

Letter courtesy of Jocelyn