Tues., June 6, 2000

Hey peeps. John Mayer here. I know it's been a while since i last sent something out, but there wasn't really much to report on. Let's see, what's going on...

I'm most excited about the live CD I'm going to record at Eddie's Attic in Decatur, GA on Friday, June 16. There's two shows, one at 7:00 pm and one at 9:30 pm. Who knows...you might make it on the CD cover! It'll be released soon after on a *very* limited edition disc. Only 1000 copies will be printed, and then that's IT. Just a nice way to say thanks to the fans who have been coming to my shows for so long.

I'm going to get ballsy and state for the first time that the real-real John Mayer CD will be coming out sometime in Winter. Do you capitalize winter? I don't think so, but if you don't I've represented it both ways in this e-mail. I'm also excited about playing my first ever band show in Birmingham, AL as part of the City Stages festival. Check my website for the specifics.

Been listening to a lot to a CD called "White Ladder" by David Gray. Pick it up if you get the chance. It's the kind of disc that lives in your CD player. Me and my fragmented thoughts. Since when did i become Larry King? For you fellow guitar players out there, I'll be putting up a transcription of "Neon" in the next few weeks. I'm also tinkering with the idea of putting some video clips of some guitar stuff...kind of like a clinic.
That's all for now...I hope you're all feeling well, and I'll see you soon.

Falling into You,
Celine

Letter courtesty of Jocelyn